Rice Cooker Republic
Based in Paris, France ; Seoul, South Korea
Press / Business contact:
+33 (0)6 62 31 41 82
BOKIDA — Heartfelt Reunion is a peaceful game where you experience freedom while exploring a peculiar world. As the player, you will journey through this world using your abilities to reunite two stars who were separated a long time ago.
HistoryAbout the game
Bokida — Heartfelt Reunion is Rice Cooker Republic’s biggest undertaking to date. Rice Cooker Republic is a French indie videogame collective founded in 2012 by then students at the I.CA.N. school of Game Design in Paris, France. The game was first developed as the graduation project for some of the team members’ BSc in Game Design, which lead to a first prototype released in 2013. This prototype went on to win a Gameplay Award in the French competition Hits.Playtime and was later showcased in the Main Exhibit of the 2013 Notgames Fest in Cologne, Germany. After the summer, the team went back to work on the prototype for a couple of months before submitting it to the 2014 IGF Student competition where it received an Honorable Mention. This is what prompted us to turn Bokida into a full release game, and we’ve been pushing towards this goal since.
Trailer for the game - 2015 YouTube
A history of the project through various prototypes YouTube
There are far more images available for Rice Cooker Republic, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Gameplay Award." - Hits.Playtime Competition 2013, LeMonde.fr, France
- "Showcased in the Main Exhibit" - Notgames Fest 2013, Cologne Game Lab, Germany
- "IGF Honorable Mention – Student Competition." - Independent Games Festival 2014, San Francisco, CA, USA
- "Selected for the Indie Prize Showcase." - Casual Connect 2014, Amsterdam, NL
- "Showcased in the Art Presentation." - The Kunstnacht' S-Hertogenbosch 2013, NL
- "Selected for the Festival." - Busan Indie Connect Festival 2015, Busan, South Korea
- "Winner - Developer Showcase Best in show." - Intel Buzz Workshop 2015, Paris, France
- "Finalist in the category of Best Original Idea." - VI International Festival of Independent Video Games AzPlay 2015, Bilbao, Spain
- "Showcased on the Gamejolt Booth." - IGF Expo Floor 2016, San Francisco, CA, USA
- "Part of the Official Selection." - Out Of Index Festival 2016, Seoul, South Korea
- "Selected for the Festival." - Busan Indie Connect Festival 2016, Busan, South Korea
- "It features the exploratory freedom and wonder of a game like Proteus, the surreal graphical aesthetic of something like Antichamber, and the physics based tools of Tiny & Big."
- Nick Reineke, Indiegames.com
- "The music is soothing, the mechanics -- cutting and subsequent physics-based response in particular --are fun to toy with, and the weird, existing world is fun to climb and explore just for the sake of doing it."
- Steven Hansen, Destructoid
- "The greatest thrill rushed over my body when I reached the monolith…because I noticed the world stretched on much further behind it, and there were floating structures to climb my way across"
- Chris Priestman, Indiestatik — Bokida Is The Coolest Game via WaybackMachine
- "[…]then you start to look around the open space, noticing distant landmarks, and start to use the cubes to aid you in travelling across this huge, open world."
- Indie Statik Staff, Indiestatik — Top 50 Free Indie Games of 2013 via WaybackMachine
- "Had a stressy day? This seems perfect."
- Craig Pearson, Rock Paper Shotgun
Bokida's Original Soundtrack
Select titles available on our composer's Bandcamp xavierdang.bandcamp.com.
Bokida on Gamejolt
On Gamejolt you will find a free playable demo of the game and news about development and updates gamejolt.com.
Team & Repeating Collaborator
Lead Designer, Artist
Programmer, Technical Artist
World Designer, 3D Artist
Designer, 3D Artist
Composer, Sound Designer
Cinematics Artist, 2D Artist